I just wanted to post some pictures of what I've been up to of late.
We went and visited a Comedor Municipal, which is a cool program where kids in need can come eat a good meal a few times a day.
Waiting for the combi in the morning to go to the training center.
We took a trip to Lima, went to a few museums, and generally explored a bit.
| The Catedral and the Plaza de Armas in Central Lima |
| A pretty view from inside the Church and Convent of San Miguel |
| Hiking up to the top of the bell tower |
| From the top of the bell tower, overlooking Lima |
I've posted this picture in a few places already, but I'm obsessed with it. I tried to name the puppy Zorro, but apparently that's not the easiest name for Peruvians to say, so his name switches between Soro and Pipo (a puppy with an identity crisis, but at least he has a baby chicken for a best friend)
I'm also attempting to take pictures of all the things Rita teaches me to cook. I keep forgetting my camera, but here are 2 things:
| Soy milk: from scratch, flavored with orange, anis, and cinnamon |
| Arroz Chifa (Peru's version of Chinese food, but they've adapted it and made it their own) |
There's a large celebration this weekend in one of the host communities, and apparently it is tradition for the trainees to do a performance. Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to go, but here we are learning the Thriller dance together.
In the health program, we have broken into small groups and are working specifically with a family on Early Childhood Stimulation to practice our skills. Our family has a 3 year old girl, and they've been working with her on Early Childhood Stimulation her whole life, so the training wheels are definitely on, but the practice is good nonetheless. Here is my group debriefing our first session in the neighborhood playground.
No comments:
Post a Comment