Although Tantará is rainy and cold, in the months of January and February, school is out for summer. Many kids go to the coast to study in summer school or work. But for those who stayed, I taught classes as part of Vacaciones Útiles (Useful Vacations). A few times a week, we would meet for the morning of English class, art class, and whatever other subject I fancied teaching that day. While the kids weren't always perfect angels, it was a great way to keep myself busy through the rainy season, get to know some kids, and I really had a lot of fun doing it. Here are some photos from my classes.
 |
| Egg Drop |
 |
| Making English Dictionaries |
 |
| Art in nature |
 |
| Learning the parts of the body |
 |
| Making a soccer net from plastic bags (unfortunately we didn't have enough plastic bags to make it fully functional, but it's the thought that counts) |
 |
| Mask making for Lunar New Year |
No comments:
Post a Comment