Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Adventure is out there!

Before I strap metaphorical helium balloons to my life and float away to Peru, I feel like I should write about my summer.

I spent most of the summer studying for the MCAT, which wasn't all that much fun.  But while I locked myself away in a small, dark room during the day, I did get to do an extraordinary amount of hiking.  My daily schedule was involved a very wet dog tongue waking me up at 6 am, hiking for a few hours, studying all day while Logan went between sleeping in the sun and sleeping in the shade, then bed early to start the whole thing over again.  

Basically my life revolved around studying and the dog.  In retrospect, it really wasn't a bad life.

A trail off of Berthod Pass

Garden of the Gods
Snow in July?  ...a very happy dog.
The first part of Jim Creek Trail

Colorado did have a few major setbacks this summer, including the Waldo Canyon Fire.  It was much too close for comfort.  This is the view of the fire from our house in Colorado Springs, just before it jumped over the ridge and started burning houses.



 In August, MCAT over, I got to head back to Hamilton and lead a trip for Adirondack Adventure.  The best way to unwind post-MCAT was hanging out and eating copious amounts of Nutella with one of my favorite groups of people in the world.

Team Kale, about to start moving kids into their rooms

Welcoming the Freshman to the Hill

My on-trail birthday cake

The Ausable Avengers!

And of course, scattered throughout the summer were family gatherings and various parties!

A family picture at my dad's 60th birthday party
My graduation/birthday/going away party

Finally, packed and ready, I am about to head to DC for staging, and then its off to Peru!




No comments:

Post a Comment